Thursday, January 28, 2016

she's reading to him!





Anna is working really hard this month on her reading. Her teacher has a great reading program where they check out a book each day, bring it home, read it, record it in their log, and then once they've been through 15 books, they get to read to her - if they have been doing lots of practicing they get to move up a level. Anna's reading is coming along, she gets frustrated easily with some of the hard words, but she's gotten good at sounding out, looking at the picture for reference and asking for help. Combine this with her weekly spelling tests and it's a great way to learn new words.
We've been told that once she gets confident and strong, their reading really takes off quickly. Stew and I cannot wait to get into some really good chapter books and spend more time reading just with her.

By the way, my blog has a new feature, I can schedule posts! I can sit down and load two or three posts at a time, such a time saver, I love it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anna; We loved the way you told us about the job that the "e" has at the end of a word! Keep up the good work. xoxo

    ReplyDelete