
I am happy to report that today and yesterday Anna had her first really 'good' days at daycare. Her teacher, Ms. Mable, said she has slept very well both days, she has stopped crying and started playing more, dancing and smiling during music, outside play and stories. She also today for the first time ate all her lunch (a sandwich I'm told) and both morning and afternoon snacks. Both Stew and I were prepared for a tough week, as I was home with her all day Friday, she had her one year vaccinations, and picked up a bit of a cold. But, after a weekend of lots of cuddles, sleep, good food and time at the park with just us, it has helped refill her cup. We are also starting to see more chatting from her, different words and sounds than
'what's that?' and
'what's this?' (which she says about a hundred times a day). We are very lucky as our neighbours up the street also use the same daycare and their daughter Scarlett is in Anna's class and she is just the cutest thing. She is a few months older than Anna, but they are starting to say each others names and they now recognize each other. I am glad as Shelly and her husband are great fun and we can car pool with them in a pinch.
I also have to say I am enjoying being back at my
job. I have a very good schedule where I can be to Anna by 4:30pm every day and be with her all day on Friday's. The people are fun, the work is cool, and I have come back to them at a very good time - lots of exciting things are happening. They have carved out a great position for me working on their community investment initiatives. These seem to
resonate just
a little bit more, as many of their sponsorships involve children through Farm
Safety, 4-H and Ronald McDonald House. The opportunities for me to learn and grow are plentiful and it helps Stew and I continue to check off some of the big projects...landscaping, crown molding, new patio, and a new
furnace (these are just a few!)Stew has also said he enjoys the new schedule - he gets to spend a lot more time with Anna in the morning, they get dressed, have breakfast and play abit before heading out. I am glad that they can have this time together without me...something I never had the chance of doing before.
I had to laugh when I read about Anna's "What's that?" since that has been Abigail's favourite phrase for the longest time!!! She has now moved on to "dat" for everything from food to the cat... We should have a play date one of these weekends.
ReplyDeleteSharon
I knew she would get the hang of it...so glad for all of you.
ReplyDeleteI want to hear her say Scarlett!
It's been too long since I've seen you, Anna! I know this because it's so hard for me to grasp that you are TALKING! Even though I can't wait to hear you yell my name and watch you run and give me a hug some day, it's scary that I've blinked and my little friend is no longer a baby. See you in t minus 8 days! Wup wup!
ReplyDelete