Taken Friday ~afternoon snack (love the sunlight that comes through this house), first bite of a Christmas orange.
We have had a stroke of food luck these past few days..... Anna, despite how wonderful she is, is a bit of a picky eater. I'm sure all kids are, but she has really only 4 or 5 things she sticks to - in order of preference they are: yogurt, fruit (pears, apples, sometimes banana), crackers/bread, raisins, cheese and on a good day porridge and English muffin pizza's. The great thing is, she's not afraid to tell you what she thinks of it, and she's very clear on what she wants to try. Well, this past weekend, she ate broccoli, pea's and almost half a box of Christmas oranges. She is all clear on peanut butter, so we can use this for protein, and I sometimes sneak in avocado. We are thinking that daycare has helped, as they eat the yummiest food there - lots of Caribbean influences, in fact, Stew and I want to go in when they make their famous soups.
I know this could all change in the morning, but here's to trying to get onto some meat and maybe even pasta.
For those keeping track - today was not a good porridge day. Raisin toast however, was very well received.
ReplyDelete