Monday, February 21, 2011

family of friends



In honour of my current book - I am giving homage to chapter 6 - make time for friends. We did indeed, on Sunday night. Taking time to sit, enjoy conversation, catch up, savour new favours and best of all celebrate our many families of friends. Funny enough, as I dove back in later that evening, I also realized we moved ahead into chapter 7 - buy some happiness (indulge in a modest splurge) and did we ever. Bib's Mom was generous enough to make a trip to India and take on the most ambitious shopping spree ever. Armed with our height and Canadian dollars transferred into Rupees, she selected sarees for ten girls (plus a few hundred more for herself) to wear to Bib and Jody's Indian celebration in September. Oh my, they are beautiful -she also picked up jewelry to match and we are all feeling very much a family as we begin these new celebrations together.

2 comments:

  1. I've read The Happiness Project too, and really loved it. You look so gorgeous in your sari Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful...and so are all of you. I especially like the pleased but shy look on Bib's Mom.
    Can't wait to see Anna in her sari.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete