Wednesday, February 6, 2019

dress as your favourite book character

Anna as Pippi Longstocking

Sam as Tintin (a French reporter)

Henry as 'Sam I am'

Henry has learned to write his name!

Friends, it has been a long time, and I'm back with some fun pictures. This school year seems to be on fast forward, and we are inching closer to the 100th day of school already. 

We are currently enjoying the school read-a-thon. I have a special place in my heart for this event, because our Librarian that organizes it is just incredible. First up was dress up as your favourite book character day - the kids came up with all their own ideas and most of this we had on hand in our tickle trunk downstairs. Henry and I found Sam's blue shirt at Value Village and Anna sewed on her own patches to a pair of overalls she'd mostly outgrown. Henry's costume I made last year for Sam but it didn't get used, so that was a huge bonus. 

Tomorrow they are wearing sweaters and will celebrate this book by Roch Carrier, so fun!

Henry's class has also been working on Raffi and Robert Munsch stories - the drawings and work he is bringing home are showing more detail, it's incredible to see his improvement.

1 comment:

  1. Grandma and Grandpa McDFebruary 7, 2019 at 12:11 AM

    Thank-you, Thank-you. We loved seeing the children in their costumes and the effort they put into them. Read on and on and on!

    ReplyDelete