Saturday, May 14, 2011

funny tree droppings




















Our trees are dropping all their spring tendrils this week, does anyone know the technical term for these funny things, I believe we have poplar trees on the side and out front. Answer! - thanks Aunt Kate, they are called catkins, the flower off the poplar tree.





When we were in Ontario, Anna and I went to our favourite kids store in Port Hope with Grammy, and while we were there she spotted an item she really liked. When I saw it I remembered that I had ordered her one for Easter but it had not yet arrived (Easter seems like months ago now...)....well, guess what arrived this week, just in time for her to clean up all those tree droppings.







You see, Anna doesn't play with many toys (yet...) - her favourite things are to hold small bottles of hand sanitizer, baby powder, or even her calculator. She carries these bottles around all the time, and even sleeps with them at times. Well, that all changed on Thursday when we opened up this package and now her dust pan and broom go everywhere. They've been in the bathtub and after a few squabbles of wanting to sleep with them, I agreed to set them beside her crib so she can play with them when she wakes up. She sweeps up everything, I'm not sure if its because she sees her teachers doing it at daycare so much, or just wanting to help herself, either way, I love it and this purchase was worth it.

4 comments:

  1. Do you hire her out yet? I have some sweeping she can do. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe the funny tree droppings are called "catkins". They are actually the flowers from the poplar trees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pray that she still loves to sweep when she's a teenager...chances are...Nope.
    You've got some great weather going on there. Tompa says, please send it our way.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anna; We are happy to see that you are keeping busy and having fun. We are enjoying our holiday in green, green Ireland. Tomorrow we take a boat trip to the Aran Islands and hope that the rain stops before then. It has been cool and windy a lot of the time. We miss you, see you all when we get home in a week or so. Hugs and kisses until then.

    ReplyDelete